Friday, August 24, 2007

when the gods want to punish you...

they answer your prayers. I think that's Meryl Streep's line to Robert Redford in Out of Africa. I don't believe those words -- I don't, truly. But here I am...and so much is coming together...and I'm eating frozen pizza and goldfish crackers.

By which, I mean, I'm still afraid. But I almost have a second audio documentary I'm truly proud of, a radio station in Santa Cruz picked up my last piece, which is cool, and I haven't forgotten about Bipolar Girl...

And then there is something hovering out there, something powerful, that I'm not even ready to write about yet.

But I do need to write, that much is clear. I feel so much better now. WRITING GROUNDS ME.

So for now...one-mindfully, I will finish this sentence. I will brush my teeth, wash my face, listen to my audio books, until I fall asleep. And I will tackle tomorrows challenges -- and attempt to accept God's grace -- TOMORROW.

Just for the record, I'm MUCH better at tackling challenges than accepting grace. But I'm working on it.

1 comment:

Jerry said...

Well, I'm completely in favor of good things happening to you. And it sounds like some good things are happening to you, so... awesome!

Here's another movie quote that may be relevant:

Willy Wonka: But Charlie, don't forget what happened to the man who suddenly got everything he wanted.
Charlie Bucket: What happened?
Willy Wonka: He lived happily ever after.