Tuesday, July 24, 2007
harry potter, harry potter
I won't say anything, anything at all about the plot, because i'm afraid that anything i say might give something away. What I think I can say...
1) Last night, I ate a good, healthy meal and then permitted myself the luxury of uniterrupted hours. I finished the book. I read it really slowly, referenced past novels so that I fully understood the significance of each horcrux, and rereaad chapters as I went through so I made sure I knew what was going on. I didn't want it to be over.
2) Now that I read it, I keep going back and rereading parts.
3) I sobbed through several chapters. I cried so loud that my housemate came to check on me. I also laughed out loud through several moments.
4) I will be able to read the series to my unborn/not-yet-adopted children. That to say, the ending satisfied me deeply.
5) I need to wait awhile before I download the audiobook. Readling Deathly Hallows was a really emotional experience.
Thank-you, JK Rowling. Reading your books, especially Deathly Hallows was a truly wonderful experience.
p.s. The image above is the cover of the UK edition of the book.
p.p.s. check out JK Rowlings personal website. It's pretty great.